Gatwick Hotel Scheme has been set up to allow the sharing of
information between hotel partners and Sussex Police.
The scheme aims to:
- Identify and minimise potential crime trends with the hotel
- Encourage the collection and dissemination of information.
- Promote a safe and crime free environment.
- Promote training and awareness in dealing with current crime
and terrorism trends.
- To set up better links with local police force / liaison
How is this achieved?
- By improving security, increasing vigilance, increasing crime
- By providing accurate information to scheme members about
- By ensuring prompt reporting of suspicious and criminal
The Police can provide up to date information on crime trends as
well as expert advice at no cost. Hotel watch scheme members can
contribute valuable information about any problems they may have,
which combined with the Police data, provides a powerful basis for
action against crime and disorder. There is no cost to members,
crime prevention advice and community safety information is
provided free of charge. This scheme provides;
- Opportunities to bring hotel businesses together
- An increased awareness of local crime issues and how to tackle
- Real contributions to improving your area and quality of
- Greater vigilance
- Increased crime prevention awareness, reducing the
opportunities for crime
- Better communication between business, the Police and other
agencies at a local event.
For further information on the scheme please contact our Gatwick
Hotel Liaison Officer, PCSO Victor Finch, on 101 extension 37222 or
You can report unusual activity or suspicious behaviour via the
Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321