What to bring with you
Whether you’re visiting for the first time or registering a change in your circumstances, use the checklist below to make sure you bring all the relevant documents.
Please download and complete the registration form at the bottom of the page. This form must be typed and not handwritten.
Once completed, print and bring the form to the appointment.
Please also bring:
- your passport
- biometric residence permit - BRP (if you've been issued with one) and the letter that came with it
- two recent passport size photographs
- Confirmation of payment (detailed below) registration fee of £34
- proof of your UK address (contract / utility bill / hotel booking). If residing with family or friends, a letter from them confirming your residence there.
If you are:
- a student, please bring your CAS letter or letter from your school or college with details of your studies
- employed in the United Kingdom please bring details of your work permit and employment including address
- self-employed please bring the documents to prove this
Once we have received your email requesting an appointment we will send you further details including how to make an online payment. The payment must be paid in advance of the appointment and proof of payment shown at your appointment.
Please note that cash payments are not accepted and you will be unable to register if the payment has not been received prior to the appointment.
You do not have to pay a fee if you are already in possession of a valid Police Registration Certificate issued by Sussex Police or another Police Force, and have not been out of the UK for more than 12 months in one continuous period. You must bring this Police Registration Certificate to the appointment.