If you have speech or communication difficulties, registering for a Pegasus card could help you in an emergency.
- You give us your details when you register with Pegasus which we save in a secure database.
- You will then be issued with a personal identification number (PIN) you can use when calling the police.
- If you need to call us, you tell us your PIN and we can access your details right away.
- This means that you don't have to spend time giving your name and details and you can quickly get on with telling us why you called.
- Pegasus is not just about contacting the police by phone, you can also show your card to a police officer, member of police staff or other emergency services staff should you require assistance in person.
- When you show the card to someone, this will let the officer or emergency services worker know that you may require additional help and support.
Who can register?
- Anyone who has a disability or illness that may make it hard to communicate with the police in an emergency or difficult situation can register for a Pegasus card.
- Registering for Pegasus is free and any information you give is held securely.
- You may change or update your details at any time.
- The information you give will be stored securely and will help us to give you the best possible service.
- If you ask us, we will share your Pegasus information with other participating agencies e.g. East Sussex Fire and Rescue, South East Ambulance Service, West Sussex Fire and Rescue and local authorities.
What are the Pegasus terms and conditions?
- Your information will be stored on a database that is owned by Sussex Police.
- The database will be secure.
- Only some people will be able to access it, including police officers and staff working within the Control Room.
- We may share your details with other people, such as other emergency services, to enable them to help you.
- If you are under 18 years old then you must have your parent or guardian's consent.
Please complete the form below to apply for the scheme. Fields marked with an asterisk * are mandatory.
Please note that applications make take up to ten weeks to process.