Animal rights protester Sarah Whitehead given Criminal Behaviour Order
Main article content
A woman has been banned from an area of Hove near Coral Greyhound Stadium after breaching the conditions of a Community Protection Notice.
Sarah Whitehead, 64, of Westmoreland Court, Uckfield, was handed a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) by Brighton Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday 20 July.
It comes after she was issued with a Community Protection Warning for anti-social and abusive behaviour at an animal rights protest outside the stadium in December 2019.
She breached this by displaying similar behaviour at further protests and was then given a Community Protection Notice, which she also breached a week later resulting in her arrest.
In December 2020, she was convicted of using threatening or abusive words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress.
The conditions of the CBO ban her from entering at any time an area including:
- Court Farm Road east into Nevill Road.
- Nevill Road junction with Court Farm Road to the junction with Old Shoreham Road into Sackville Road the junction with Poynter Road.
- North from traffic light in Woodland Drive to the roundabout with Goldstone Crescent.
- East to the junction with Old Shoreham Road.
- West along A270 Old Shoreham Road, right into Holmes Avenue, then north up to Court Farm Road.
The CBO came into place on Tuesday 20 July, 2021 and lasts for five years.