Specialist Enforcement Unit
We are recruiting now - find out more on our current vacancies page.
What will this new unit do?
In Sussex we’ve launched the new Specialist Enforcement Unit (SEU) to track and catch dangerous and wanted criminals using the Sussex roads network.
The Specialist Enforcement Unit (SEU) will carry out disruption and enforcement operations on roads across the county, targeting those involved in serious, organised and violent crime.
The SEU, a mix of highly-trained police officers and detectives, is equipped to be a one-stop-shop to fight road crime – with the ability to identify, intercept and apprehend offenders, seize drugs and stolen goods, and investigate the crimes through to conviction.
The team has a blend of specialist skills and can use a range of tactics to tackle criminals using the road network, including advanced driving skills and the use of a police dog unit to track offenders and search vehicles.
The unit is led by one inspector who oversees four teams, three uniformed and one investigative team. Three police sergeants will lead three teams of nine PCs including a dedicated Liaison Officer with support from a dog handler. A detective sergeant will lead an investigative team of six, providing investigative support.
The unit is the latest in a series of police enforcement teams to be launched across Sussex in the past year funded by the Government’s Uplift programme and local precept investment.
When you join Sussex Police, you can expect a career with variety, diversity, challenges, rewards and the opportunity to progress through the ranks and/or specialist roles. You’ll play a vital role in helping us achieve our policing priorities and serving our communities.
We will give you:
- National salary plus £1,500 South East allowance.
- The opportunity to select your preferred Division and location and we will take this into consideration with postings.
- 22 days annual leave per year, rising to 30 days depending on your length of service.
- Opportunity to progress through promotion and/or specialism.
- A competitive benefits package and a progressive approach to flexible and part-time working.
- Free bus travel across the county and discounted rail travel.
- Incredible colleagues who will support your transfer.
We’re getting prepared to ensure the team are ready, willing and able to deploy with all the skills they need by providing additional training to make the difference for our communities in Sussex.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org