Your security cameras can help deter and rapidly solve crime
We are changing how we collect digital evidence to make it easier for businesses and members of the public to submit images and CCTV footage. The NICE Investigate Community Portal enables the quick and easy transfer of such evidence and allows Sussex Police to send a request for evidence using the digital portal and for you to send it back to us. This will save time and costs of using physical media (for example discs or USB sticks), allowing us to get evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service a lot faster resulting in better outcomes. It promotes a more efficient way of working together for all parties.
Register your cameras with Sussex Police to streamline information exchange. Empower the police with the evidence needed to bring criminals to justice, and do so more effectively. Make your neighbourhood a safer place for your business and for the entire community.
Your information is always kept safe and secure and never made public. For full details please refer to our Privacy notice.
This service is provided free of charge, remains 100% voluntary and you can cancel anytime.
A request to share evidence is sent via email making it quick and easy (no need to send discs).
Most CCTV file types are supported and playable, including audio files and documents.
Add your CCTV cameras to help keep business/communities safer and help with investigations.
If you are the owner of a local business in Sussex and wish to register your cameras with us, please contact our Business Crime SPOCS at [email protected] who will answer your questions and help you through registration.
Additional support and technical guidance (particularly for larger businesses and chains, or if you wish to check that your CCTV format is supported) please contact the DEMS team on [email protected]
How to upload video evidence
1. Find the link in the email you received from us - click this to access the Community Portal.
2. Click on 'register now' to open the registration form and complete the details required to create a new account.
3. Log-in to the NICE Investigate Community Portal.
4. View requests for evidence on your Requests page - click on the name to open the Request.
5. Respond to a Request – upload files and enter comments. Remember to save your work if not yet ready to submit.
6. Click the 'submit response' button to send your files to us.
7. Upload rules to remember:
Upload must be 5.0 GB or less.
Folders or files with zero bytes cannot be uploaded.
The same file or CCTV folder cannot be uploaded more than once.
Duplicate file names are not supported for individual files or in the same CCTV folder.
Navigating away from the page during upload interrupts the upload process.