Coronavirus (Covid-19): We are now taking new requests for fingerprints. Our staff will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and following new processes to ensure the service can be delivered safely
Request your fingerprints
We can take your fingerprints for the following reasons:
- applying for visas for emigration, temporary stays or work permits in non-EU countries
- applying for overseas clearance to be employed in certain jobs in the UK
- renewing of passports, for South Africa and other states requiring fingerprints
- other circumstances at our discretion
It costs £81.10 for the first set of prints and £40.50 for each additional set.
Please note: some fingerprint fees are subject to VAT, except certain HMRC exemptions. The exempted countries are:
- St Vincent & the Grenadines
- United Arab Emirates
The fee will need to be paid in cash. We can't accept credit or debit cards.
What to bring with you
You'll need to bring a valid passport. This is the only form of identification we can accept for this service.
How to make an appointment
We can only take your fingerprints by appointment.
Appointments are available Monday to Friday, from 8am to 3pm (excluding bank holidays).
Where to go
Sussex Police Headquarters
How to get there
By bus: Bus services from Brighton City Centre are #28 or #29. You can find bus times here.
By rail: Lewes Railway Station is approximately a 20 minute walk away. You can find train times here.
By car: Here's a Google Map.