Police Officer re-joiners
Do you miss being first to the scene? Tackling crime, taking knives off the streets, engaging and educating young people and being the person everyone looks to for help?
If you were a police officer and are thinking about re-joining policing, then we want to hear from you.
There is no restriction on how long you’ve been out of policing, be it one year or 10, we welcome applications from all former police officers who have the desire to help keep communities safe and feeling safe, identify and protect vulnerable people and prevent and respond to harm.
There’s been no better time to re-join policing and to do so with Sussex Police. As a result of the precept increases over the past two years, you will be joining in a period in of transformation and growth. We are investing in our policing teams across Sussex, with large scale recruitment drives for police officers and PCSOs. We’re also focused on developing cutting-edge technological solutions as well as the specialist skills we need to catch the most serious criminals.
If you’re thinking about returning to policing then contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org now to arrange an informal conversation.
With rural villages, vibrant and diverse cities, a national park, 90 miles of coastline and responsibility for the UK’s second busiest airport, you’ll find great variety in the situations faced as a police officer within Sussex Police.
When you join us, you can expect a career with diversity, challenges, rewards and the opportunity to progress through the ranks and/or specialist roles. You’ll play a vital role in helping us achieve our policing priorities and serving our communities.
We will give you:
- National salary plus £1,500 South East allowance.
- The opportunity to select your preferred Division and location and we will take this into consideration with postings.
- 22 days annual leave per year, rising to 30 days depending on your length of service.
- Opportunity to progress through promotion and/or specialism.
- A competitive benefits package and a progressive approach to flexible and part-time working.
- Free bus travel across the county and discounted rail travel.
- Incredible colleagues who will support your return.
The joining process involves an application, interview and pre-employment checks including biometric vetting, substance misuse testing, medical, fitness test and vetting.
If you would like to re-join, or are interested in finding out more information, please contact us at email@example.com